Maybe this feeling has come from a place of complacency in the Lord. It's like this for most of us. We
find struggle in our lives and God is yelling, arms high waving to
get our attention. He is trying to get our attention so we might find
shelter from the storm in Him. We enter into His rest and find peace
and then we get super comfortable with life. We loose sight of the
struggle we walked out of and then without ever thinking about it, we
start to take control of our lives again. You see in our Storms
God YELLS to get our attention and in our Peace
He whispers softly in our ear. We get so
used to hearing God yell we miss the still small whisper.
1 Kings 19:11-13 - And he said, “Go
out and stand on the mount before the Lord.” And behold, the Lord
passed by, and a great and strong wind tore the mountains and broke
in pieces the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the
wind. And after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the
earthquake. And after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in
the fire. And after the fire the sound of a low whisper. And when
Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his cloak and went out and
stood at the entrance of the cave. And behold, there came a voice to
him and said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”
You guys, God passes by and things
happen, great and huge things! Things that grab our attention when
we are lost and struggling. But we get so used to God being around and
fighting our battles we forget to rely on Him and we simply walk away
and never even realize it. The problem is not that God is leaving
us but it's that we're leaving Him. Our relationship gets stale
or dull because we're not taking risk! We're not stepping out into
the unknown to get scared! We're not running back to our father for
protection, we are simply sitting here inside watching TV and losing
the drive to experience our Wild and Passionate creator! He causes
Fires,
Earthquakes, and
Strong Winds and
that is just His presence! But when he Speaks to us
intimately, it comes as a low
whisper. So
soft and comforting. We
need that.
We need to know that when things aren't in utter CHAOS that God still
loves and desires us to seek Him. We need to find company with God in
every situation. In good times we
need to be desiring to dive deeper into His presence and Deeper into
His word
than ever before. We should walk
in His blessings and Peace.
In times of struggle and hardship we should Cling
to God and hold fast to all that we have learned
in those times of peace. In doing so we find victory in struggle so
much faster and with less heart break.
God
does not withdraw from us
and we need to remember that. We need to remember that in times of
feeling hollow and empty, we need to fill ourselves up. That
doesn't mean just showing up for church on Sunday or Wednesday.
But
cry out to God and asking Him to stir the passion in you!
I know this Because I have struggled with this my whole life! I get
so complacent that I stop pursuing God and stop taking risks and
start falling into depression or spiritual drought. I hate it and I
never understood why it would happen. I had to learn to hate that
feeling so much that when it comes on I shout to the Lord “Come
alive in me again! Don't let me depart from you Lord! Renew the
flames of Passion in me!”
God hears my cry in that because it comes from my heart! It comes
from all that is in me and it's absolute truth! I want Him real and
new in me daily. If that’s what you truly want then call out to Him!
I mean it when I said shout. Sometimes you have to go somewhere
secluded and just yell it out. Don’t hold anything back!
If we don't want God to hold back from us we cant hold back from Him!
If
you you're not willing or wanting to Free Fall into life with God then
this won't help...I'm sorry if that’s blunt but it's truth. If you
don’t truly want it with all of your heart and all of your soul
then the words will be hollow. The reason I say Free Fall by the way
is because there is no controlling it. We cannot control how much or
how little of God we get. It's all or nothing. You're either all in or
all out. What do you choose? I know that I want to Free Fall into
God. He has never once left me wanting or lacking in anything, He has
only given me more than I deserve and more than I have ever asked
for. He draws me out of my sadness and feeling alone and with out God because my desire is to never be without Him. If you feel the same
then press into Him always and never accept simple getting by. Take
risk and step out on His word and see what the Lord wants to do with
you!
Much
Love
The
Bear
No comments:
Post a Comment