How many of you as kids enjoyed magic tricks? Loved the way things would magically appear and disappear before our very eyes? I especially liked the one where a person would walk into a box or closet like object and vanish! They would spin the box around say the magic words and out of thin air there was someone else there! To my young mind this was brilliant! This was something so amazing it had to be true. Sadly, I grew up. I learned there was a series of trap doors or false walls and the magic was gone.
I was thinking about this the other day as I realized that this "magic trick" truly has happened though. We have all experienced this exchange, the great exchange as I like to call it and most of us don't give it a second thought. Christ died on a cross, a brutal and heart wrenching thing to think about, but He did it for us. He did it as an exchange, our sinfulness for His righteousness. In all retrospect its a ridiculous exchange. We received everything, righteousness, holiness, eternal life, forgiveness of sins, personal relationship with a loving Father, and Jesus got to die.
Galatians 3:13 says, "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree."" This also ties in with 2 Corinthians 5:21, "For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."
This means that you and I who are riddled with sin and corruption (Romans 3:23-for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God) are now pardoned from sin. Christ was without blemish or spot and was willing to become cursed. He chose to make that sacrifice for us. He desired to pay our debit and set us free from bondage so we might live forever in Heaven with a Father who loves. Beyond comprehension and understanding, God loves us.
Jesus pulled off the ultimate "magic trick" the only true and real deal. He exchanged places with us as we were about to be placed on a cross and crucified. So today just remember this and be thankful that we have a savior willing to go above and beyond to set us free. We have the opportunity to have a personal relationship with Him as well. If you have questions for me about this, if you want to get to know a personal God who loves you and cares for you, or want to add a personal thought; leave me a comment, contact me on Facebook, or send me an email.
Much Love,
The Bear
No comments:
Post a Comment