Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Seal Team 3

2 Samuel 23:13-17 (ESV)
"And three of the thirty chief men went down and came about harvest time to David at the cave of Adullam, when a band of Philistines was encamped in the Valley of Rephaim. David was then in the stronghold, and the garrison of the Philistines was then at Bethlehem. And David said longingly, "Oh, that someone would give me water to drink from the well of Bethlehem that is by the gate!" Then the three mighty men broke through the camp of the Philistines and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem that was by the gate and carried and brought it to David. But he would not drink of it. He poured it out to the Lord and said, "Far be it from me, O Lord, that I should do this. Shall I drink the blood of the men who went at the risk of their lives?" Therefore he would not drink it. These things the three mighty men did."
    This is so intense! David has some of the most insane of warriors by his side! David, just sitting there one day starts to talk about how sweet the water in Bethlehem is. How much he wished he could have some to drink right then. All of a sudden these 3 guys over hear David and decide, "alright David wishes he had a glass of water, lets get him a glass of water." They then proceed to take off bust through the entire enemy encampment. Grab a glass of water, high tail it out of there back to David, and call it a day.
    Do you guys see this in your head like I do? Seriously, I envision seal team six gearing up here about to dive into combat. Soldier of fortune style walking into battle without a second of hesitation. Dastan from Prince of Persia scaling the walls into the city and defeating every adversary that gets in his way of opening the gate. I see 2 of the men standing side to side swords drawn bloody and dirty as the 3rd man draws water. Philistines are trying to advance on them but unable to prevail. The water safely drawn and in a canteen hung over his shoulder they begin to fight there way back out of the city at a full sprint.
    If this were a movie it would be the defining moment, this action scene would win awards! The men return to David with the water poured into a cup ready for his pleasure and offer it to him as a gift. David is so moved and blessed by this gesture that he couldn't bring himself to drink it. He pours it out to the Lord saying he couldn't drink of it for them men risked too much to obtain it. He didn't feel deserving of the gift but his heart was so moved he accepted it, and though he longed for it, he offered it to the Lord and gave it up.
    This is amazing, David surrounded himself with these mighty men, men who brave the impossible for a glass of water. What does this tell you!? It tells me that David's men loved him. And not just the, "hey dude, I'm here if you need me," kind of love but the I will risk everything for you and do anything for you kind of love. David inspired these men this much because his heart was so in tune with God. David longed to please the Lord and through that his men loved and respected him. I am blessed to have a friend like this in my life. Wes Weber has become a man who I can rely on no matter the circumstances. I know he will pull through in the best way because he seeks the Lord in what he does. I have come to love him and respect him in a huge way for this. No matter the distance between us he has become more like a brother who I trust with everything. God has blessed me deeply.
    My hope and wish for you is to find a friend, at least one that you can rely on. It will be the best blessing you can ever receive and its a true gift from God. They will seek the Lord on your behalf and guide you in any trouble you find yourself in. Thank you Wes! You have been an inspiration to me and a huge support in every step I take in life. For everyone else out there I challenge you to seek the Lord on behalf of your friends and be there as an encourager. They need it and it will grow and strengthen you and them.

Much Love,
The Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment