Friday, August 22, 2014

Shivers

Have you ever heard a speech so inspiring if sent shivers down your spine. So immaculate it sent the hairs on your arms and the back of your neck erect! I mean so intense it gave you goose bumps and a tingling sensation. So soul stiring it maybe have even caused a tear to be shed?

To be honest I believe you have. Especially you men. Think of the greatest action movies; Braveheart, Gladiator, Independence day, or even sports movies; we are Marshall, remember the titans, Rudy, and so many more!

The reason these movies are so great; they have that one defining moment where the leader or the hero of the group steps up on a soap box, and inspires those around them to greatness. We get caught up in that moment and feel the power of those words. We often times finish the movie feeling like we could do it. We could fight the epic battle, we could throw the game winning touch down, we could destroy the enemy threat, and win the game!

These speeches tug at our hearts and draw out the need for an adventure, or a battle to fight! The point of telling you all of this is because the bible is full of these defining moments! I want to share one with you that I read this morning and it pulled on my heart with fierce intensity. Sorry if its long but trust me its worth it. Read it as if you are standing on the soap box delivering it to a crowd surrounding you ready to listen and be inspired!

Psalm 116:1-19 (ESV)
"I love the Lord, because he has heard my voice and my pleas for mercy. Because he inclined his ear to me, therefore I will call on him as long as I live. The snares of death encompassed me; the pangs of Sheol laid hold on me; I suffered distress and anguish. Then I called on the name of the Lord: "O Lord, I pray, deliver my soul!" Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; our God is merciful. The Lord preserves the simple; when I was brought low, he saved me. Return, O my soul, to your rest; for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you. For you have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling; I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living. I believed, even when I spoke, "I am greatly afflicted"; I said in my alarm, "All mankind are liars." What shall I render to the Lord for all his benefits to me? I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord, I will pay my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people. Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints. O Lord, I am your servant; I am your servant, the son of your maidservant. You have loosed my bonds. I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the Lord. I will pay my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people, in the courts of the house of the Lord, in your midst, O Jerusalem. Praise the Lord!"


Much love,
The Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment