Friday, January 2, 2015

Worship

    I love when God places things on my heart and bugs me about that topic until I begin to share it. Let me tell you sometimes its something all new and other times its an old topic with new insight like this one. Worship. The bible says so much about worship and I have a couple of verses for you that have really captured the essence of what worship should be in our lives. This isn't a how you should worship or what it should look like physically but what it should be to you. The perfect example of this is found in this first passage I want to share with you.

Psalms 73:25-26 “Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”

    I love this! Though I may fail God is my strength and portion forever, who else is there to worship!? There is none, and nothing I desire apart from you!? This made me cry when I read it. Not going to exaggerate one bit, I read it and shared this with our youth kids last Sunday night as I was fighting back tears. This passage stirred in me the desire to worship God like this, knowing He would never not be enough! He would always be more than enough for me and that there was nothing worth investing time in that wasn’t centered on God. Just wow! This passage states that there is nothing on earth that he desired but God, to be close to Him.
Psalms 71:8 “My mouth is filled with your praise, and with your glory all the day.”

    Whooo! How many of us can say this to be true? For me I know that its not true, but I also know that I want it to be true and I am going to start claiming this verse for my life. I want it to be as a response to the first verse I referenced. I want it to be that God is what I'm talking about in conversation with friends family and even strangers. I want God to be my mindset and my pleasure. I want to worship God in all I do all day everyday. I don't want to take a break from God, I want to be enveloped by Him. I want to live out Psalms 103:1.

Psalms 103:1 “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!”
   
    I want all that is in me to bless the Lord. I want my soul to cry out to Him and leave nothing unsaid or undone, I want all that's within me and all that surrounds me and all that comes from me to be centered on Jesus! What about you? What do you think about these verses? What do they stir in you? Do they capture your attention and make you think about Davids heart? So far all of these verses have been from David, the man after Gods own heart. I love what C.S. Lewis says about Psalms, "The most valuable thing the Psalms do for me is to express the same delight in God which made David dance." I want to leave you one last verse to ponder on and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
John 4:24 “God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”



Much love,

The Bear

 


No comments:

Post a Comment