Friday, November 14, 2014

Humble Pie

    Just received a huge slice of humble pie...one of the youth at the church I have been apart of for the last 3 years of which I served as the Youth Pastor was the baker. During the time as a Youth Pastor I learned more about God and how He interacts with us on the day to day than I ever had before. Ministering to the youth I learned how He speaks so differently to everyone yet we can personally understand Him in a deeper way with what He spoke to that individual. To some God speaks to them more in an atmosphere of worship than through reading the word. Some times He finds a way to place the right scripture in your mind from what your reading. Others He uses silence and stepping away from distractions and then speaks to their soul, He gives strong intuition or feeling so we know what we need to do, others hear Him speak out loud for them to hear. I'm not going to lie I'm slightly jealous of those people at times, I mean who doesn't want to hear God speak their name and give clear direction to their life!? God has used so many ways to bring me closer and teach or tell me things so I know there are even more ways then I have listed above. Take my word for it, God is not in a box so why should His methods of communicating with us be limited to one?

    If you don’t want to trust me check out Isaiah 55:8-9 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." How about Romans 9:20 “But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, 'Why have you made me like this?'” You guys see, God doesn't have to answer to us for He created us! We don’t have to understand Him because He is above our understanding and knits the very universe together! He pokes holes in the veil that covers our eyes so that we may see His splendor shooting through as stars dance across the sky's that we might glimpse His marvelous light and find hope! For as I spoke of earlier, I was reminded that God loves us no matter the cost and will always continue to prove it by giving us, His bride, flowers! Maybe I Just lost you, to understand read this blog that is beautifully written by Karla, she was the baker of my humble pie. click the link and read it > FlowersBut don’t loose focus on whats happening here! God loves us, His Son is well pleased with us! He intends to bring us before His father as His Beloved. In the end times beautifully dressed in white forgiven of our sins and washed clean. HIS BRIDE! To think your self unworthy no matter the truth that may lay behind those words you must know, Jesus has called you to something better. He doesn't want you paying attention to the rear view mirror as He is trying to move us forward, He wants us focused on what lies before us. The Kingdom of Heaven! He wants our Focus as a good friend of mine would say, Kingdom oriented. It always comes back to the Kingdom, am I right David Cooper? But check out 1 Peter 1:15 “But as he who called you is Holy, you also be Holy in all your conduct.” Jesus is the one who has called us to be as Him, Holy living in the Heaven mindset not the earthly one of mistakes made. Know where your heading, know that our good Father will give us Spiritual Gifts, Blessings or Flowers to remind us He loves us. Regardless of where we are at with our feelings towards Him.

    So that Humble pie I was given came from that blog I posted a link for. The reason it was humbling is that at times I have struggled with feeling not being good enough. I have felt inadequate to be used by such an amazing God and this reminded me that its not because I want to be used that He uses me. He uses me because HE WANTS ME to be used by Him, because He wants me to walk in His light and rejoice in my freedom! God often times uses the old blue screwdriver that's stained with oil, has a cracked handle, and chipped head instead of the new crowbar because He knows its just right for this kind of job. Its tried and true and had its fair share of scars and mishaps along the way. But now its just the thing He needs. That's how it is with God, He often uses the things we would never think of, to do the things He wants because He wants to show its by His will that its possible and not by our own will. I realized that reading this post, God doesn't need me or to take my crap. HE WANTS ME though and all my junk, He wants to give me flowers. Who am I to say no? Receive the blessings God gives you, enjoy them and give thanks for them. Don't question or doubt them.

Much Love,
The Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment